Mako 9550-1012 Inshore Fly Reel Matte Digi Camo Gray Left Hand, Mako is widely recognized as the fly fishing reel with the best drag system in the industry. The incredible drag system was designed using a sealed carbon fiber drag and not the typical cork system which, most competing reels currently use.
- Mako reels are fully sealed with o-rings, and proprietary carbon impregnated Teflon lip seals.
- Mako Reels incorporate a
multidiscfull-contact carbon-fiber drag system that uses “button technology” to eliminate start-up friction.
- Mako Reels utilize oversized calibrated drag knobs with one
turn stop, to stop providing the full range of drag.
- Mako Reels employ a “taper lock” quick-change spool and a three-ball bearing spindle assembly.
- Mako Reels are produced to the highest machining standards and level of polish
- Type III anodizing which, gives them a near ceramic hardness to survive the elements.