Winner of the best new freshwater reel for 2018 by Fly Fisherman Magazine and Best of Show at the 2017 ICAST/IFTD industry trade show, the SDF comes on the heels of the move to Colorado: the trout-based surroundings inspired Abel to take it up a notch.
Based on the SDS (Sealed Drag Salt), the SDF (Sealed Drag Fresh) is a scaled-down version of the award-winning saltwater titan featuring similar porting and a stainless steel / carbon fluoropolymer drag system. The SDF boasts an enormous amount of drag, an adjustment range almost three times greater than its predecessor, and virtually zero start up inertia.
- User convertible retrieval system
- Large arbor increases line retrieval rate and reduces line memory
- Almost a full ounce lighter than the original SD
- Drag pressure ranges from zero to an amazing 10 pounds
- Incredibly wide range of drag adjustment from zero to max
- Designed & machined by trout junkies in Colorado
- Quick change spool
- Made in USA