- Effortless casting, accurate line design that turns over typical tarpon flies with ease
- Long back taper for fast, 2nd shot casts
- Low stretch “DirectCore” for hard, solid strip sets
- Built with RIO's exceptionally slick, durable SlickCast coating
- SureFire tricolored measuring system for increased accuracy and distance control
RIO’s Elite Tarpon lines feature short, powerful front tapers to easily cast large flies, and a long back taper for stable casts at range, quick pickups, and 2nd shot casts to moving fish. Each line is built on RIO’s low-memory DirectCore that is extremely easy to stretch and lies perfectly straight on the water, yet retains the stiffness needed to cast in hot conditions. In addition, this line is built with SlickCast, creating the slickest, most durable coating on the market—producing the least amount of friction ever measured in a fly line.